“Technology is best at bringing people together.”
Technology and teamwork are inseparable factors while operating an organization, particularly in the modern era. All over, it’s no more a matter of surprise that from posting letters to sending emails and from emails to chats or video calls on Whatsapp, technology has just faded the distance.
Now, to a much-advanced level in the industries, technology is moving fast to replace physical meetings with online sessions. Another group of online collaboration software like Microsoft Teams, Slack, Trello, etc., continuously eliminates the hassle of maintaining teamwork, team documents, team sessions, and much more.
In a few words, technology is helping in bringing teams together and is also multiplying their productivity. Also, in mid-2019, Microsoft set off to comprehend the powers molding collaboration today. The intention was to figure out how factors, like sexual orientation and age, shape cooperation inclinations and competencies. Also, the company wished to focus on the effect of remote working that it had on group culture. They studied more than 14,000 individuals from seven nations in different phases of their vocation—from the people who had been in the labor force some time to the individuals planning to enter it.
The results from the research show half of the generation are diverting towards technology for collaborating with their teammates. Technology can be faulted for occasionally disturbing how we team up working. Wires, phones, pagers, messages, and mobiles—each innovation could enable joint effort. Over the most recent five years, the invention has developed quickly, thus affecting business development. Well, you will feel tongue-tied after looking at the factors and percentages of how technology is improving teamwork.
How is technology improving Teamwork and Collaboration?
75% of employers rate teamwork and collaboration as “very important.”Data from Queens University of Charlotte
It is hard to imagine a world without technology. Our workplace starts from where we sit down – in the center of our cell phone and laptop. It’s high time to realize that existing without technology is like walking your business on the path of comedowns.
Every person forming your team is utilizing online applications and communities to foster their peer circle. 83% of the people rely on technology for collaborating with their colleagues. Around 90% of them contemplate that it is better to work from home as it helps them save a ton of time and amplifies their productivity levels.
Now let’s look at some problems in collaboration without technology and how technology solves them.
Difficulties to Teamwork and Collaboration in a Digital Era
Collaboration is one of the leading aspects of the workplace. Yet, for cooperation to be compelling, organizations need to embrace contemporary work practices and innovations that assist with connecting individuals – anyplace – sharing their work straightforwardly and proficiently. The email has its position as a correspondences channel, and nonetheless, for joint effort purposes, it misses the mark.
Collaboration and mutual effort are not precisely the same things. Gartner characterizes correspondence as ‘the trading of data to accomplish a superior arrangement,’ and collaborative effort as ‘the trading of data, and things, to propel the status of a collaborative item.’
Besides, the preparation of assignments and tasks represents a colossal issue that regularly makes disarray. When representatives can’t perceive what their partners are dealing with, it prompts redundancies and shortcomings simultaneously.
Putting away reports and records in the cloud can assist with taking care of the issue to a degree. Nonetheless, sharing numerous cloud joins with representatives and ensuring the right worker has access to the correct data is a tedious cycle.
Communication is one more immense obstacle in a computerized workplace, and email rapidly fizzles as we depend on it excessively. Email is a helpless data-sharing instrument and the most noticeably unimpressive information embedding storehouse. It’s tough for the authority to identify the data again once they employ it. However, there are many free and paid teamwork and collaboration tools that make the work easier.
Why Teamwork is necessary, and why is online collaboration preferred?
The deployment of interaction and management tools, collectively known as digital collaboration software, is soaring high in the modern world.
At the point when we’re going through hours daily chipping away at a task with partners conceptualizing, working through delicacies, and pulling down theoretical thoughts into the real world, the best way to do as such is by setting up collaboration processes that guarantee everybody is seen, heard, and comprehended. In any case, by what other means will you get from point a to point b?
Needless to say, teamwork is how a big picture is progressively accomplished by successful collaboration among all the team members. So a pivot towards the digital world has tended to mold our personalities with getting more comfortable with online collaboration. Online collaboration diminishes the distance between the boundaries and also brings in the famous concept of what is called flexibility in collaboration.
Online collaboration imparts a sort of flexibility to all the members of the team and hence gives them the liberty to focus more on brainstorming ideas. Also, around 82% of the employees think their lives would be significantly impacted without the latest online technology and online tools for collaboration.
Ways in which technology is improving collaboration –
- Remote work is possible because of technology – We all know no technology means no remote work. The software and apps for communication are fueling the teams to have better communication channels and don’t have to wait for the office to begin sharing some critical points. Technology helps in jobs like holding meetings online anywhere, collaborating on documents, brainstorming innovative ideas anytime, sharing documents, and even demonstrating concepts with the help of a whiteboard. Here are some stats supporting the verse – More than 77% of people working remotely report more high productivity, and 52% are limited likely to take time off.
- Improved workflows – 80 percent of businesses employ social collaboration tools for magnifying business workflows. Collaboration tools provide more innovative methods of working and dispatching things. They empower us to drop out or robotize redundant jobs and fortify and rationally structure the workspace.
- Improved Productivity – Productivity is a significant issue while dealing with bulk tasks. However, digital collaboration tools look after the nitty and gritty of a dozen of authoritative tasks. As a result, the employees can concentrate their energy on the more value-adding functions that require more brain work. Besides, having a digital collaboration framework lets you rapidly discover the data or content you are searching for instead of shoulder tapping different representatives and upsetting their work process. All of these serve as a perfect blend of boosting productivity.
- Access to information – Almost 20% of the business time is wasted by employees searching out relevant information. Yes, it would help if you indeed were astonished to hear that, but we all don’t have any idea of how many times we wane off in looking for information. It is like we search every day, for instance, searching the emails, searching the clouds, searching in dropbox, and so on. However, Collaboration tools ensure each employee has access to the appropriate information they require when they need it, thereby developing workflows.
- Fosters team interaction – Technology has made our lives easier. Digital collaboration tools have indeed created multiple ways for the sake of exchange. Like Skype and Microsoft Teams, Toole has made it truly simple for groups, particularly those geologically dispersed, to speak with one another through text, call, or even video. Furthermore, Tools like Zoom and Google Hangouts permit you to do power-up meet-ups, work together by sharing screens and whatnot. These tools open up many opportunities to consistently contact your friends, increment transparency among workers, and foster better interdepartmental relations.
DOKKA communication workflow
The world of accounting and automation complements each other in the modern era. However, it is hard to find an automation software that assists your team in automating the recurring tasks and building collaboration between one another with a great spirit of teamwork.
Moreover, it’s time to put a full stop to all these headaches as DOKKA’s accounting software has always got your back. Its communication workflow is diligently built employing the latest AI and cloud computing technologies to accelerate faster communication and collaboration between the team members.
The main function of the communication workflow allows for instant online communication and collaboration at various levels. From general conversations to query resolutions on specific documents, discussions with colleagues and clients alike are simplified.
Within DOKKA’s workspace, you can easily control the authority level of bookkeepers, executives, and users. Also, DOKKA supports easy actions in the workspace that helps each team member see how many documents are pending, approved, inbox, processing, etc. Furthermore, it also supports automatic backup to the cloud to ensure that the team can access all the documents at any time. Moreover, DOKKA also supports a confidential workspace to ensure privacy in the workflow of highly private documents.
However, that’s not it. DOKKA has integrated more amazing features like sticky notes, favorite search, documents merging, online chat support, etc. For instance, the tags feature helps you to classify the documents easily with the help of the tags so that you can easily find them by just typing that particular label that says tax. DOKKA will also quickly fetch all the documents with the tag tax, and you are all set to roll.
The final words
Collaboration and Teamwork are an integral part of any successful business. However, the golden age of technology, which improves the standards of our lifestyle and working styles, has given a new meaning to collaborating with team members.
However, it is as essential as hiring good talent in your team to choose the right online collaboration tool for teamwork. While keeping that in mind, DOKKA gives superpowers to your documents and provides the advantages of managing your team judiciously.
Click here to book a demo and see just how DOKKA’s communication workflow is improving collaboration and teamwork.